Our municipal lawyers are familiar with the workings and the law governing city and town government in Massachusetts. We have extensive experience in representing clients before local city and town government with respect to permitting, zoning, environmental laws, licenses and permits. We have litigated a variety of issues involving city and town government and have represented a number of public authorities in aspects of municipal finance.
The firm employs three former city solicitors as well as being the current counsel for Springfield Water and Sewer Commission.
The firm provides a full menu of municipal services including:
- Municipal Finance
- Litigation support in the enforcement of local zoning and planning ordinances
- Consultation with all municipal departments regarding compliance matters, including zoning enforcement officers, building inspectors, planning boards and conservation commissions
- Conflict of interest opinions
- All aspects of employment of public employees
- School construction and related contracts